Dharma Platform Acceptable Use Policy
Posted: January 9, 2019
Effective: January 9, 2019
This Acceptable Use Policy (“Policy”) outlines unacceptable use of Dharma Platform Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), which interact with, or access, the Internet (the “Services”). This Policy is in addition to any other terms and conditions under which Dharma Platform, Inc. (“Dharma Platform”) provides the Services to you.
By using the Services provided to you by Dharma Platform or any of its affiliated entities, you hereby agree not to use the Services in a way that is contrary or inconsistent with the rules and standards published by Dharma Platform from time to time, including as set forth in this Acceptable Use Policy (this “Policy”), or otherwise in violation of applicable law.
You are solely responsible for your conduct while accessing or using the services offered by Dharma Platform. This Policy sets out a list of unacceptable conduct for our Services. If we believe a violation of the policy is deliberate, repeated or presents a credible risk of harm to our Customers, Users, the Services or any third parties, we may suspend or terminate your access.
This policy may change as Dharma Platform grows and evolves, so please check back regularly for updates and changes.
You agree that, in connection with your use of the Services, you will not commit any tort nor violate any law, court order, contract, intellectual property or other third-party right. Further, you agree that you will not, in connection with your use of the Services:
- use or attempt to use another member’s account without authorization from such member and Dharma Platform;
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network;
- breach or otherwise circumvent any content-filtering techniques we employ or attempt to access any feature or area of the Services you are not authorized to access;
- interfere with or disrupt any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing any part of the Services;
- use the Services to store or transmit any software routines or other code designed to permit unauthorized access, to disable, erase or otherwise harm software, hardware or data, or to perform any other harmful actions;
- use the Services in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying the Services or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of the Services in any manner;
- access, search, or create accounts for the Services by any means other than those that are provided by Dharma Platform in the App Store, the Play Store, or available at app.dharmaplatform.com;
- impersonate any other person, including, but not limited to, a registered customer or user of the Services or an employee of Dharma Platform;
- send unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements, or spam;
- send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including "spoofing" or "phishing";
- promote or advertise products or services other than your own without appropriate authorization;
- abuse referrals or promotions to get more paid features than deserved;
- circumvent the scope of your paid subscription, if applicable;
- develop any third-party applications that interact with the Services without our prior written consent;
- conduct fraudulent activities;
- sell the Services unless specifically authorized to do so;
- build a competitive product or service, or copy any features or functions of the Services;
- remove, alter or obscure any proprietary notices in or on the Services including copyright notices;
- modify, disclose, alter, translate or create derivative works of the Services (or any components thereof) or cause or permit person to do any of the foregoing;
- collect or harvest information regarding other users of the Services for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, for sending such users unsolicited commercial email;
- use any robot, spider, crawler, scraper, script, browser extension, offline reader or other automated means or interface not authorized by us to access the Services, extract data or otherwise interfere with or modify the rendering of Services pages or functionality;
- publish or share materials that are unlawfully pornographic or indecent, or that contain acts of violence;
- advocate bigotry or hatred against any person or group of people based on their race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual preference, disability, or impairment;
- violate the privacy or infringe the rights of others; or
- otherwise take any action that Dharma Platform deems to be inconsistent with acceptable business practices or other standards of behavior, in each case in as determined by Dharma Platform in its sole discretion.
Any violation of this Policy will result in immediate suspension and/or termination of your access to the Services and, if applicable, provide Dharma Platform with the right to terminate any other agreement between you and Dharma Platform then-in effect.